Tuesday 20 May 2014

A Vintage Tea Cart

I always have my eye out for furniture, not just your basic laminate press board stuff but I like good quality wood pieces. They turn out the best and are so fun to makeover. 

I came across this rolling cart and knew right away I had to get it. 
Who ever had it in its old life tried to give it a makeover but sadly it didn't look too great. 
Do you see all those little squares? Ya those are pieces of paper that have been cut out and glued down!! Then the whole thing was washed in a blue paint but not sealed. 
The moment I went to clean it the paint started coming off...not good. 
It was time for a change.

And a change she got! 

I did the whole thing in a deep teal. Its really hard to photograph for some reason and looks much darker in person. I distressed so that you could see natural wood but also the previous white as well. Then the most important part...she was waxed! 

This indoor picture shows her true color better! 

Cup of tea anyone? 

Linking up to:
Embracing Change

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out todays post! I would love to hear from you, please leave your comments or questions and I will try my hardest to respond to each one.

Christina