Thursday 24 April 2014

The Green Rustic Chest

 Today I bring you one of my favorite transformations to date, OK I'm sure I say that about them all but I really LOVE this one!!

A little chest with two drawers. Sweet and simple. 
I wanted to take advantage of the natural wood top but knew I wanted to change the color of the stain. First I began by stripping and scraping and then sanding. 




I had so much interest in this green chair I made over that I decided I would use the green again. 





 The handles were a modern pull style with 2 on each drawer. They didn't match the new look and feel I was going for so I pulled out 2 of these old style handles and gave them a makeover. 




Here she is!! A rustic beauty! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful custom piece! Your work is amazing, all so professional! I could think of so many things to do with it! :) Thanks for sharing at Best of the Nest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you pam!! It was my pleasure to link up!

      Delete
  2. That is the cutest little piece and I absolutely love the new hardware!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris! Im loving the hardware too!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out todays post! I would love to hear from you, please leave your comments or questions and I will try my hardest to respond to each one.

Christina