Sunday 5 May 2013

Rustic Wood Cabinet

I am always on the hunt for beautiful furniture. OK it doesn't always have to be beautiful to start with but as long as there is potential I'm game. 

I often look on kijiji (like craigslist) but my city doesn't seem to have a huge variety in my price range. 
Soo...I tend to look in the nearest city to me...which just so happens to be 5 hours away! I found this little beauty and knew I needed wanted it. How would I get it was the question?


Luckily enough one of my dad's employees mentioned he was going out of town and he was kind enough to offer his services in picking it up. I owe him big! I was too excited to get working on it that I didn't take pictures of the process, whoops! 

But here is the run down. I painted the bulk of it in an antique white, sanded the top and stained it dark as well as the door inlays. Now it is the perfect display in my baby boutique! I love it. 
I am slowly adding some rustic charm to the store, you can see the wooden sign I made as well. 

Even if the piece had to come up the highway 5 hours, then be painted...It was worth it to me! 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent site you have here.. It's hard to find excellent writing like yours these days. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    Feel free to surf to my site acoustic guitar chord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment! It means so much to read comments like yours! Ill be sure to check out your page as well. Take care!

      Delete

Thank you for checking out todays post! I would love to hear from you, please leave your comments or questions and I will try my hardest to respond to each one.

Christina