Wednesday 20 March 2013

Striped Ottoman

I recently came across this cute little ottoman. It originally belonged to a rocking chair but the chair was so badly damaged the owner said they tossed it and this was the only thing that remained. So with that I snatched it up to make sure it was saved from being tossed in the future. Do you ever feel the need to save every piece of furniture? I do. Its good...and bad. Bad because unfortunately there is more furniture then I have space or time. 


The stool itself wasn't in horrible shape but the fabric seat was stained and worn. 
Here she is after sanding and primer.

I decided on a great teal color for the base.

 Here she is in all her finished glory. Fun striped fabric, teal base and just the right amount of distressing.




I will admit this was one of the most difficult pieces I have ever painted. Simply because there were so many parts and they all MOVED! I am very happy with the after and thankfully it was worth all the work. Here is a reminder of where it came from...

Before


















After

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out todays post! I would love to hear from you, please leave your comments or questions and I will try my hardest to respond to each one.

Christina